Opiniones de AppFolio Property Manager

Valoraciones medias

• En general
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre AppFolio Property Manager

La solución completa de software de administración de propiedades que agilizará tu jornada laboral y se centrará en los resultados.

Descubre más sobre AppFolio Property Manager

Mostrando 1518 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Drew S.
Assistant Operations Manager
  • Publicado el 20/12/2019

"Amazing Property Manager for Small-to-Medium Companies"

Comentarios: The biggest issue my company had was advertising vacancies. We were relying on walk-in tenants, which has not been a good source for 5-10 years. AppFolio is one-click to post to multiple free websites and syncs with Apartments.com if your company goes that route. Ease of use and great training/help files will keep us with them for years to come.

Puntos a favor: First and foremost, the value of the product. You get everything you need for cheaper than most of the other products out there. For my company, we transitioned from Buildium to AppFolio and instantly reaped the rewards. AppFolio provided us with an inexpensive company website, a quick and easy tool to post our vacancies to multiple websites, and great assistance during set-up.

Contras: I know some of the more expensive options offer more competitive pricing tools and a little more automation. Also, AppFolio had a few issues (like maintenance personnel not being able to see pictures on work orders using their mobile devices) that took AppFolio a while to start addressing.

por AppFolio el 30/12/2019

Dear Drew, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy that your transition to AppFolio was a good one and that you are already reaping the benefit!

• Publicado el 20/12/2019
Yan S.
  • Publicado el 18/7/2019

"Great product and really terrible support"

Comentarios: It is a tough call because the product is good. We migrated from Yardi and don't regret it BUT if I knew how weak the support team and the nightmare that we would have (for 7 months we couldn't reconcile bank accounts and the "boarding team" simply vanished) I would most likely have stayed with Yardi.

Puntos a favor: The software is definetly the right product. It is intuitive and very easy to use. Having used Yardi for 10+ years this product is simply outstanding. It is definitely not even close to what you can do in Yardi, but for 90% of what most of us do, it is allot easier and quicker then Yardi.

Contras: The company is suffering from a very bad support team. When they sell you the product it almost seems that these guys mastered the art of eSupport and you can solve problems with a click. This couldn't further from the truth. For most of the "how to" problems they are quick to respond and usually send you a quick article on how to. The problem becomes when you have a real problem, like late fees simply not posting the correct amounts at the wrong dates, or bank account balances don't add up...in general bigger problems call for a "we will put our head in the sand and hope it goes away" mentality.

• Publicado el 18/7/2019
Jeff K.
Bartender
Hostelería, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/6/2020

"AppFolio Property Manager-When you want to organize everyone together"

Comentarios: I am in a living situation where this is a convenient tool. AppFolio Property Manager seems to have so much it could offer, but I am just a user and don't put more effort in to it. Since December, there have been a few times where I really had to be on top of my payments,postings,account itself. I'd say way too stressful minus the fact that it is electronic and easy. And my glitches can be seen on both ends, I can save images, I have reference numbers and such. So, if this is a standard in Property Management, perhaps the systems have multiple ways to be used and such. I don't lose money, or have safety issues or anything lie that. I do love the convenience when it works. 65% of my 6 months has been error free. It is here to stay to my knowledge so I will keep using and monitoring my account for my monthly transactions. If it is a one size fits most, I encourage Administrators to provide hard copy instructions to people who might wish to use this method to pay rent or communicate to their Landlords. If it is tailored to fit needs, then truly walk your clients through. I sense my housing company switched over to it before I moved in, so it's a work in progress. It beats paper checks or aperwork period.

Puntos a favor: This app/web software is fantastic at accepting my monthly payments electronically for rent, plus I get to keep my renters insurance on there along with direct messaging to find maintenance and such. It is easy to use and the technical side seems safe and secure.

Contras: I had to chose this service as I moved in December and this is the online Portal my Realty company uses. I am all about making it easy, being able to go back and review,see my info, transactions and such. Well, I have had more glitches than I care to speak of. I have had payments applied to the wrong people, major discrepancies, and the one thing is I don't know any better. It has been a learn as I go system. If you are on top of things, then fine. If you think it's press a button and all is solved, I would be a little cautious. I am not faulting the software and program itself, but suggesting that its main users might need a little help at times.

• Publicado el 9/6/2020
Scott H.
  • Publicado el 18/2/2020

"Appfolio Overview"

Comentarios: Potential is good, staff is nice and patient. Unfortunately, accounting and reporting capabilities of the software is extremely limited. As a result, the staff has difficulty keeping up with issue resolution and you wait days to speak with someone that can help.

Puntos a favor: Search function and integration with most online posting services is good. Staff is nice and try hard to answer your questions and navigate around limitations of the software. Unfortunately, they are overworked and the issues with the software (e.g. reporting and accounting primarily) make it very difficult for them to service their customers effectively. Mobile app is good (considering the accounting and reporting issues).

Contras: Accounting features are limited. Examples: Management Fees for non rent items (e.g. parking, storage, commercial rent) are deducted from income rather than calculated as an expense. It makes it look like you are hiding fees from owners. Option is to enter a series of JE's each month to correct. Reporting capability is very poor: You can not set up batch reports that update monthly. You can set up owner reports, but, they do not necessarily update (e.g. prior month and YTD rolling). Extremely limited in formating reports. GL's for year are over 400 pages due to spacing and limited control on what to report. Example: P&L Options are only "Detail" or "Summary". Summary lumps all utilities into one line items and Detail prints "Non Posting" items. Increased application fee cost within first year by 30% with virtually no notice and no options. Response was to "pass it on to your customers". I just received another notice 14 months after conversion that my web services fee was increasing 98%. Again, virtually no notice and no options. Unfortunately, the staff is stretched so thin, I can not get a response to an issue logged over a week ago. I call daily, text and email. The response is: "We will expedite and prioritize. I will notify your case worker." Unfortunately, no call or email follows to help. I had to hire CPA's to force my financials to be accurate in order to get reports to my Federal Investor. Still waiting on that expedited call.....

• Publicado el 18/2/2020
Corinne S.
Managing Member Code Management
Consultoría de gestión, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 17/3/2020

"Only one complaint"

Comentarios: I love the software, I hate how much it cost me. Please adjust for the small end user

Puntos a favor: Easse of use and how everything is tied in from advertising the unit to renting it, leasing and collecting the rent then finally moving them out :)

Contras: Cost, I think it is too expensive. I do not understand why when you have more and more users my bill keeps going up. for God's sake scottie send this small business owner a line..we are drowning in the cost but can't compete without the software....so I pay..

• Publicado el 17/3/2020
Joe P.
Executive Vice-President
Propiedad inmobiliaria, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 3/10/2019

"#1 single-family residential PM software"

Comentarios: Our experience with Appfolio has been great! It has created efficiencies within our single-family division that didn’t exist previously. I’m optimistic that over time they will develop more features that will allow us to be even more efficient.

Puntos a favor: It’s robust yet easy to use, dependable, constantly evolving, their developers listen to their customer’s needs and if possible delivers, issues are handled quickly by their web based customer service team, and it’s affordable.

Contras: The layout of the property financial statements are subpar and difficult for our clients to understand; its not the best software choice to manage commercial or multi-family properties; it’s lack of customization

• Publicado el 3/10/2019
Brett W.
  • Publicado el 10/3/2020

"simple and sweet "

Comentarios: its a quality software that solves all areas of property management from advertising to web integration for leasing, maintenance, paying rent, turnover, vendors, insurance, etc. nothing is 100% but Appfolio is darn close, you wont be disappointed you can run your entire business from your cell phone! I Do...
whats not to Love...

Puntos a favor: cloud based the information quick and its easy to access with in the program our entire staff works with it

Contras: all software has limitations we do not get some of the information we would like out of some reports but that is with all software, the ability to come up to speed with changes and updates, reading is the only way you will find out about them... there in little to no customer support in that area of training no videos or guides....

• Publicado el 10/3/2020
Derek N.
  • Publicado el 3/3/2020

"Great, Nearly Perfect but Not Quite"

Comentarios: I really really like AppFolio, I appreciate what it can do for me and what it saves me in time, frustration and monetarily by not having to hire additional staff in-house.

Puntos a favor: The one-stop-shop quality of AppFolio is probably my most admired feature of the software. It allows us to do so much in one place that really makes our life much, much easier.

Contras: #1 issue, need more dedicated service teams. I don't often need help but when I do I don't want to wait 24 hours for an email response. I would love to see improved inspections that are more customizable (zInspector style). Automated workflow integration is the top 3rd issue that I am having right now.

Dustin W.
Broker / Owner

"Appfolio and Camelot"

Puntos a favor: The functions it offered at the time when we started with it.

Contras: Owners do not receive live data or updates.

Allie S.
Assistant Property Manager
  • Publicado el 9/3/2020

"AppFolio Review"

Puntos a favor: AppFolio has feature to that cover many aspects of managing a property, from applicant screening, to contacting prospects and residents via text and email, to tracking work order and invoices associated with them. Utilizing AppFolio has eliminated the need for many of the other websites and software that we previously used.

Contras: There are small areas that I feel that AppFolio can improve on, but it feels like every time I come across one, they adjust the software or come out with a new feature that addresses my need or concern.

• Publicado el 9/3/2020
Sarah D.
Propiedad inmobiliaria, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 17/12/2019

"Appfolio makes our business run smoothly!"

Comentarios: Appfolio adds so much value to the services we provide to our HOA clients. We wouldn't want to do business without it.

Puntos a favor: Appfolio is so easy to use, both for us as managers and for homeowners using the portal. Appfolio has spent a great deal of time figuring out which features are the most beneficial and perfecting those features.

Contras: There are a few very minor technical things but I am sure they will get fixed as Appfolio is constantly making improvements.

por AppFolio el 30/12/2019

Thanks, Sarah! We're so glad you are finding AppFolio easy to use with your HOA portfolio and look forward to continuing to partner with you!

• Publicado el 17/12/2019
Jon G.
Realtor - Property Manager
  • Publicado el 10/12/2019

"Powerful - Easy to Use and Learn"

Comentarios: AppFolio has been able to streamline and give so much more efficiency for day to day operations that we're able to scale our business at a much more dramatic pace.

Puntos a favor: The all encompassing ability to power a website to sophisticated accounting, maintenance controls, tenant/owner communications is all at your fingertips anywhere with a mobile device or computer.

Contras: If you're not a seasoned bookkeeper and you're managing somewhat sophisticated accounting of properties, you can dig yourself a hole real quick.

por AppFolio el 30/12/2019

Hi Jon, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We know transitions to any new software solution can be tough and we're glad you chose AppFolio to streamline your business!

• Publicado el 10/12/2019
Cj A.
Accountant
  • Publicado el 11/12/2019

"Very Nice Property Management Solution"

Comentarios: I have used Appfolio as a maintenance technician, property manager and now accountant for the whole portfolio and I have had a pretty easy time with it every step of the way. I would recommend to at least give it a try before selecting another software.

Puntos a favor: Easy to use for users of all skill and job levels. Makes tracking Receivables and Payables very simple. Constantly being updated and enhanced with new features at no new cost (some do cost but the majority are free updates) Customer support is always quick to help and respond. I feel like I get the same support agent 95% of the time, which makes it feel comfortable and like a working relationship rather than some random customer support person every time.

Contras: Some of the editing and finer tuning options are lacking. (Example: not being able to rearrange line items on a bill or journal entry. You can only delete or add new to the bottom, no editing between without having to manually redo everything from the edit down.)

por AppFolio el 30/12/2019

Thanks, CJ. We appreciate you leaving us a review. We are constantly listening to your feedback to inform our product and we'll be sure to forward your feedback to our Product Team! It's great to hear that you are using AppFolio in all areas of your business.

• Publicado el 11/12/2019
Doug H.
Owner/Manager
  • Publicado el 10/10/2019

"From Doug Hancock HALO Manager's Corp 1450 units under management"

Puntos a favor: Ease of use, quick search, archived records, online payments, ability to scan files into clients portal, pay bills online. We basically did a 15-20 year upgrade . They said when we bought the software it would be like adding an extra employee to our office and after a years use, I would agree. The data entry alone for our bill payments was a two to three day job with our old software, now just a few hours to pay 300-400 invoices a month.

Contras: The biggest frustration that I have with the software program is during the transition from when a tenant gives notice to move out and getting a new tenant into that same unit. For whatever reason, when a tenant gives notice and we put that information into the system and click the notice prompt and give the date of their move out (usually 30 days). That unit is going to be vacant and we begin to market for a new tenant, however, when we find a new tenant and we want to put the new tenant name and the deposit money into the system under that unit, we are UNABLE to put a pending tenant into the system until there is a complete move out. We need to get that money in the bank and a new pending tenant into our upcoming move ins. Usually the way we have done it is to manipulate the move out dates and then put the charges in later when the real move out occurres They must be a way to put PENDING tenants into to a future vacant unit in an easier way. We love the software, but because we have 30-50 move outs and move ins each month, it is very frustrating that when a tenant gives notice, the program should then allow pending tenant information to be entered to that future vacant unit and right now we can't.

por AppFolio el 30/12/2019

Dear Doug, we appreciate your review. If you are trying to move in a new tenant while there is an existing tenant in the unit, just make sure that the dates do not overlap and you will be able to perform this action!

• Publicado el 10/10/2019
Jessica R.
Operations Manager
  • Publicado el 19/11/2019

"Sketchy at first, but FELL IN LOVE!"

Comentarios: We have really grown to love Appfolio. It just simplifies life in the office and makes our job easier and allows us to be more efficient for our tenants.

Puntos a favor: This software can literally do everything. It is a one stop shop. I got rid of 7 different (paid) programs and now have JUST Appfolio- which does the work of all of them.

Contras: There is nothing I dislike about the software except that they are still growing thus the functionality is still growing. I strongly disliked the "car salesman" pitch of the sales team. They promised a lot of things that the software couldn't deliver at first; however, we learned to get around it and in some cases, the functionality was built out (during our first year with them)and that feature is now available.

por AppFolio el 30/12/2019

Thanks for the feedback, Jessica. We're glad to hear that you've grown to love AppFolio!

• Publicado el 19/11/2019
Deana T.
VP

"Reports & Move-outs"

Comentarios: I love it!! I just have a few request to make it perfect :)

Puntos a favor: The ease of applications and lease signing! I also like some parts of the reports.

Contras: The Unit Avail. doesn't show the name of the existing resident or the future one, so I have to transfer it to excel and add that for every property every 2 weeks.
I'm always concerned about notices being put in correct.
I can't print a report to show signed lease renewals by month.

por AppFolio el 5/12/2019

Hi Deana, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback and we are constantly striving to delight our customers through software improvements. Please continue to share your feedback with us!

Angela G.
Operations Manager
  • Publicado el 15/11/2019

"AppFolio is Very Good Property Management Software"

Comentarios: Overall I am happy with AppFolio and like that I can keep necessary information in one place. I also know it is helping us keep our accounting more accurate and although the process can be difficult, I know it's a good thing. I am encouraged that their customer service has improved a lot and I'm hopeful it continues. I feel like I matter as a customer and that's important. Now that we have been using this software daily for 2+ years I don't know how we'd live without it or something similar.

Puntos a favor: As a property management company, it keeps everything in one place. I'm able to track and store almost all necessary information. I also like that AppFolio continually works on improving their software, regularly implementing new helpful features.

Contras: In the beginning, the customer service went downhill really fast, such as sometimes taking a week to get back to me and then having someone that didn't know what they were doing or how to fix our problem. I was very unhappy and thinking we had made a mistake in purchasing, but I can tell in the last year especially they have really worked on improving their customer service with quicker turnaround and better-trained staff helping. I almost always have a positive experience now. There are still some features that we really need for rental management that I'm hopeful are added soon.

por AppFolio el 5/12/2019

Thanks for the review, Angela! We are committed to providing you with the support needed to run your business. Please don't hesitate to reach out!

Denise D.
CFO
  • Publicado el 6/11/2019

"Always evolving"

Comentarios: We have been with Appfolio for 9 years - and during that time there has been significant improvements in the system. Our company is a heavy user and utilize as much of the functionality of the system that we can - and as such we are frequently asked to provide feedback to the development team when they are considering options. We are committed to our relationship with Appfolio, however, due to API restrictions, if we have much more growth we may need to consider alternative solutions.

Puntos a favor: The software is intuitive, user friendly and a stable platform. They a continually developing additional functionality and release updates regularly. The customer forum is great - you can collaborate with other users, seek our solutions and make recommendations that development will consider for future releases.

Contras: It does not have an open API and they are unwilling to consider this for clients. While they are routinely pushing out enhancements and are developing additional functionality, and they say the functionality is based on client feedback - it seems like development resources are not focused on this things that clients really 'need'.

por AppFolio el 30/12/2019

Thanks for partnering with us over the last 9 years. Denise! We look forward to partnering for the years to come!

• Publicado el 6/11/2019
Vanessa H.
  • Publicado el 30/10/2019

"Promas to Appfolio - The Great Journey"

Comentarios: As I said, onboarding was difficult. That was mainly due to how our dated was stored on our end and turnover we experienced during the transition. The service is amazing, and I can't imagine not having Appfolio.

Puntos a favor: Switching from Promas to Appfolio would be like switching from mailing a letter to emailing a letter. The service is faster, more reliable, easier to do, takes less time, is more efficient. My list could go on and on. The main features that caught our eye were the ability to accept rent payments online for seamless accounts receivable from tenants, and online maintenance requests. For so long, we would take maintenance requests by phone or email. It was unreliable at best. Having this online feature gives us a smooth workflow from work order submission to mailing a check for work completed. Truly, Appfolio has saved our office countless hours! Oh and the customer service is awesome! I love how quickly we get responses with actual answers to our questions that solve our problems!

Contras: The onboarding was very tedious. Our Promas software was housed on an internal server at our office. That is the primary reason our transition was not that smooth to start off. Overall, we don't have many complaints. Of course, we all want cheaper software, but you get what you pay for. There are a few tweaks we have requested that Appfolio has implemented, and they continuously have updates and new features. It's really exciting! I do wish our owners could see live feed of their account balances in their portal and run their own reports as they wish.

por AppFolio el 30/12/2019

Thanks for the review. We know the transition to any new software can be tough and we're happy that you found our service to be helpful during that transition.

• Publicado el 30/10/2019
Vivian M.
Operation Manager
  • Publicado el 15/10/2019

"They know property management!"

Comentarios: This program allows us to do more work without having to add more personnel which helps the bottom line for sure.

Puntos a favor: It was very easy to set up the implementation team was very helpful. The user friendliness of using it every day is the best with it super search feature.

Contras: There are a few work arounds that we have to do for our maintenance team but we know with the new features they keep adding all the time it will only be time before they will make an improvement that will help with this work around like all the other ones that we used to have to do.

• Publicado el 15/10/2019
Cassandra H.
Principal
  • Publicado el 9/10/2019

"Good choice"

Comentarios: I'm quite happy, overall. Integrations is my biggest challenge and what would drive me to leave, if I were to predict a reason. I'm having no issue working around it, but I'm about creating efficiencies which I feel like I am restricted from doing. So far it's been something I'm willing to work around since we're small and they have so many other great things about them.

Puntos a favor: We were on a somewhat antiquated system, so improvement was easy to recognize. AppFolio does a lot of things well. It improved connection with residents AND our ability to have better records both for tenants and for staff (liability support/reduction), and much easier for staff to know what is happening across the board with any one resident or prospect. We are still learning! The transition was fast and friendly. Loved their tenant liability option.

Contras: 1) OnBoarding was very tech-oriented and a challenge to adapt easily because staff is working on a calendar. I have some a-ha moments that i just couldn't get the OnBoarding team to understand (even though they were very capable folks) because in this tech world, it's either a or b, there is no c option. Well, later I'm finding the c option IS available.
2) They make frequent updates, and communicate them well. The challenge is working them into your schedule to understand so you can stay on top of them because your team will do the same---someone needs to know them.
3) Other updates seem to be in holding status for way too long, when they'd help users so much.
4) Our biggest complaint is AppFolio's unwillingness to work with other software integrations. They really cripple my ability by being so protective of.....whatever it is. Most other softwares integrate fine. They do so much so well, I feel like it's time to stop being so proprietary. That would change any element of dissatisfaction that I encounter. It appears so flexible, but it's not. The larger companies don't all want their screening or leases....so I still am running other programs which is a pain. Their system doesn't work for me (having a one stop shop for 'everyone' isn't realistic) in all areas as it seemed to in the beginning. So modify your expectations. I would have still purchased, but been happier with where i landed.

• Publicado el 9/10/2019
Pamela M.
Owner/Qualfying Broker
  • Publicado el 4/10/2019

"Switched from LiveRez to Appfolio"

Puntos a favor: The accounting is thorough and generally easy to use. Originally, 5 years ago, some of the ways they did things was different but over the years, things have been much easier & user friendly. I used another accounting property management software & it was a nightmare integrating with QuickBooks. Half the time it wouldn't migrate right. This has made my accounting & booking much simpler, easier & faster. The end of the month accounting to owners takes me less than half the time it used to. Very happy overall

Contras: The fact you can edit the website ourselves. I've used other property management software (LiveRez) and you can update pictures, website page wording and descriptions directly. AppFolio requires you to submit to their team and it take a few days to get done. In this day & age, that should be something we can do ourselves as we need to. Plus updating pages allows for search engines to rank us better.

por AppFolio el 30/12/2019

Thanks, Pamela. It's great to hear you are finding the accounting side of AppFolio easy to use!

• Publicado el 4/10/2019
Chelsea S.
COO
  • Publicado el 24/9/2019

" AppFolio Property Manager review"

Puntos a favor: cloud based
master search function
often see new feature upgrades + introductions

Contras: Does not partner with other valuable services we use (compliance: site compli, external legal counsel, security deposit alternative products). Does not lend itself well to using external brokers for leasing purposes. Would like for EXTERNAL brokers to submit applications to us via the platform.
Does not have a good case management system for individual projects and/or legal cases. Does not lend itself to very necessary compliance efforts. We require tenants to submit certain types of documentation to us on a yearly basis.

Kendell A.
  • Publicado el 24/9/2019

"Our experience with Appfolio"

Comentarios: We used to have to make lots of phone calls and texts with people that want to see our vacancies. Now they can schedule viewings on our web site. We used to have applicants fill out paper applications. Then we would type in much of the information in the credit reporting software so we could run credit reports. Now, applicants complete an online application and we click a button to run the credit and background reports. Once we approve the applicant, we click a button to move them over as the tenants of the unit. It automatically emails and text's them a link to their own tenant portal where they can pay rent online and make maintenance requests online. Appfolio is like having one or two employees that don't need to use the restroom, take breaks or that you have to have workers comp insurance on or pay employment taxes for, etc. It truly is a great solution for property managers.

Puntos a favor: I love how easy it is to advertise our vacancies. Then the interested parties can schedule viewings and apply for the property right from our web site. Once we select a tenant, we can transfer all of their information from their application over to make them our active tenant with the click of a button. I love how easy it is for tenants to pay their rent online or at pay stations and it goes directly into our bank account and calculates the management fees.

Contras: The reports could be a little better. On multiple units, the reports don't break down the expenses by unit number very well. So, the owners aren't able to tell on their reports what a management fee charge was for because the charge isn't broken down by unit number. As a result, we get calls from upset owners and our accounting department has to create reports outside of the software to make sure the owners are satisfied. This takes extra time when the software could easily break down these expenses if it was programmed to do so. Our accounting department said that the bookkeeping side of the software could be better.

por AppFolio el 30/12/2019

Thank you for your review, Kendall! We appreciate the feedback.

Janee M.
Director of Property Management
  • Publicado el 24/9/2019

"Great product overall! Highly recommend!"

Comentarios: Overall, I am very satisfied with AppFolio Property Manager. We run a tight organization and I attribute much to this software.

Puntos a favor: This software keeps me organized and on top of managing a large inventory of properties and clients.
-It has a strong financial reporting side that encompasses everything necessary to operate and deliver to owners as well as tenants.
-We receive great feedback from the tenants as this software provides a very seamless experience from application process all the way through move outs.
-User friendly, easy to navigate.
-Reports to Experian credit bureau and now RentBureau.
-I also love that on the property page, tenant page, owner page we can add activity reminders.
-The options of reports are great and the customization of them are endless.
-Owners, tenants, vendors all have portals to work in giving them access to their information/accounts.
-AppFolio is always working to improve features and add new services that could benefit property management companies.
-Newer feature is an app for tenants to use to pay online and schedule maintenance. Love it!
Many pros. You won't be disappointed.

Contras: Overall, I don't have many cons and really had to think up what our biggest frustrations are with the software. Not bad if this is all I could come up with. We work around it because overall we are very satisfied with the product.
-Small improvements that need to be made based on user experiences are seemingly overlooked as not important. Example, you can now email tenants/owners from their page. If the email does not go through there is no notification so we are unaware that tenants/owners did not receive our communication. So for now, I do not use that feature if it is something I need to be certain is received by other party.
-There is also a sensitivity with the new showings feature that if a booked party does not reply exactly with CONFIRM, then the booking will automatically cancel. It creates many headaches daily. Cannot reply with YES, CONFIRMED, OK, I'LL BE THERE, etc.
-Owners would like real time details in their owner portal, not just past monthly reports to review.
All of these items have been suggested to AppFolio to review for tweaking by many users.